In The Heights
January 16-19, 2020 at the Victoria Theatre
Production Assistant interview schedule
Tues, Sept 24, 4:30-6:30pm…..Production Asst interviews
Fri, Sept 27, 4:30-6:30pm…..Production Asst interviews
Sun, Sept. 29, 1:00pm-5:00pm…..Production Asst interviews
Tues, Oct 8…..Notification letters mailed
Are you the student we’re looking for?
We need dedicated and responsible students to assist the creative professionals working on our large-scale musical production. If you have any interest in directing, stage management or production management, this will be a great way to see these professions from the inside. Muse Machine members in grades 6–12 are eligible. No experience is necessary. Be aware that this is a time-intensive commitment. You will need to be available at many rehearsals (although we are flexible) and all performances.
You can request a 15 minute interview appointment below (or at musemachine.com (under the “Musical & Concert” tab, select “Info”). Any sort of resume or portfolio is certainly not required, though if you would like to bring something, you may.
Production Assistant duties:
• Generally assist the directors, producer and stage managers
• Become part of stage crew during tech and production at the Victoria Theatre
• Assist with props and their placement during rehearsal weeks
• Provide scene calls (alert actors to be ready for their entrances)
• Assist with setup and maintenance of rehearsal hall
• Maintain rehearsal/waiting areas
• Take cast attendance
• Complete production office duties
• Provide line prompting
Location of the interviews
The Muse Machine office, third floor of the Metropolitan Arts Center (next to the Victoria Theatre near the corner of First and Main Streets); 126 North Main Street, Dayton, Ohio 45402. Look for the burgundy awning which says “The Loft”.Request PA interview appt Questions? Send a message to the musical staff