The Addams Family
January 14-16, 2022 at the Victoria Theatre
Production Assistant interview schedule
Open to high school and middle school students ages 12 and older
Thurs, Oct 21…..4:30–7:00pm…..PA interviews
Sat, Oct 23…..Noon–3pm…..PA interviews
Thurs, Oct 28…..Notifications sent
Health & Safety
This year, every student in the production (on-stage performers, production assistants and musicians) must be vaccinated for COVID-19. Please bring to your audition or interview appointment either your vaccination card or a photo of your card which indicates that either:
• you are fully vaccinated, or
• you have received the first vaccination shot (and if selected, we will confirm that you complete the second vaccination shot as scheduled).
During auditions and rehearsals, all participants will be masked. At the audition, you will be asked to remove your mask briefly so that we may take your photo.
Complete health and safety details regarding the Muse Machine musical may be found here:Health & Safety Details
Are you the student we’re looking for?
We need dedicated and responsible students to assist the creative professionals working on our large-scale musical production. If you have any interest in directing, stage management or production management, this will be a great way to see these professions from the inside. Muse Machine members in grades 7–12, ages 12 and older are eligible. No experience is necessary. Be aware that this is a time-intensive commitment. You will need to be available at many rehearsals (although we are very flexible) and all performances.
You can request a 15 minute interview appointment below. Any sort of resume or portfolio is certainly not required, though if you would like to bring something, you may.
Production Assistant duties:
• Generally assist the directors, producer and stage managers
• Become part of stage crew during tech and production at the Victoria Theatre
• Assist with props and their placement during rehearsal weeks
• Provide scene calls (alert actors to be ready for their entrances)
• Assist with setup and maintenance of rehearsal hall
• Maintain rehearsal/waiting areas
• Take cast attendance
• Complete production office duties
• Provide line prompting
Location of the interviews
The Muse Machine: Metropolitan Arts Center (next to the Victoria Theatre near the corner of First and Main Streets); 126 North Main Street, Dayton, Ohio 45402. Look for the awning which says “The Loft”.Request PA interview appt Send a message to the musical creative staff