Muse Machine is excited about many creative opportunities planned for the year ahead! We will integrate protocols and guidance suggested by the CDC and the ODH alongside the protocols of schools and our arts partners to provide safe experiences for students, educators, the public and our staff.
Muse Machine will continue to consider the latest data and guidance as we create and inspire with safety as our priority. We look forward to providing exciting arts experiences that will help students, teachers and our community to create bonds of joy, hope and healing.
Preschool and Elementary Residencies
Muse Machine will continue providing transformative arts-integration experiences to PK-6th grades while remaining vigilant about safety practices to protect you and the communities we serve.
Muse Machine will follow all school district protocols for health and hygiene. We highly recommend that all Preschool & Elementary Program resident artists follow recommended best practices for preventing the spread of coronavirus and other contagious diseases. Should a resident artist have a fever, productive cough, cold or other flu-like symptoms, Muse Machine asks that they immediately notify Michael K. Lippert to reschedule upcoming arts-integration workshops and performances. The following list outlines Muse Machine’s expectations for participating resident artists, schools and Muse Machine staff.
Resident Artists will:
• Receive the full round of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to conducting in-person arts integration workshops.
• Wear a mask while traveling through the school (i.e., office, hallways) to the arts-integration workshop space. Resident artists will remain masked and maintain social distance around school staff and students.
• Immediately notify your Muse Machine Preschool & Elementary Program School Contact Person and Michael K. Lippert and go home as soon as possible if you begin to feel ill during a residency day.
• Immediately notify Michael K. Lippert if you test positive for COVID-19.
• Provide a clean workshop space with at least 6 feet of distance between the resident artist and the participating students and teachers.
• Share all relevant health and safety protocols with Michael K. Lippert and the resident artist ahead of the residency dates.
• Immediately notify Michael K. Lippert and the resident artist if they have been exposed to COVID-19 by school staff, faculty or students.
Muse Machine will:
• Communicate school health and safety protocols to the resident artists ahead of your scheduled residency.
• Assist all schools and resident artists to reschedule canceled residency dates as outlined in the Muse Machine Preschool & Elementary Program Contract.
• Immediately notify school personnel if a resident artist has tested positive for COVID-19.
Any extra precautions that resident artist might choose to take — in addition to following school district guidelines required of visitors — is within their right as independent contractors to decide.